This is after charges of assault and abduction were opened against the Muvhango actor and Speak Out presenter. Thabo Sedumedi, a builder from Rustenburg, claims that Dingaan, together with his Speak Out crew, assaulted him in Rustendburg while filming the show last week.
He told Sunday Sun that he was hired to build a house in Zeerust but the home owners ran out of cash and couldn’t buy more building material. “Besides the home owner’s cash having run out, they had to hand me the house plan but didn’t pitch to submit it. I don’t know why they called Speak Out. It’s their fault that the house hasn’t been completed,” Thabo said.
He said Dingaan and his crew went to his house, man-handled him, threw him into their Quantum and took him to Zeerust where he was building the house.
“On our way there, Dingaan and his crew assaulted me – on Dingaan’s instruction,” he explained, adding that the experience was horrific.
“I feel bad. I mean, it was embarrassment at best. I noticed that all the time, as they were busy assaulting me, cameras were turned off.” He said he wants the whole world to know what the show is about and added that he will meet them in court.
Colonel Sabata Mokgwabone told the paper that a case of common assault has been registered against the couple that took Thabo to Speak Out, as well as against Dingaan, who accompanied the couple.
“At this stage no one has been arrested and investigations are underway,” Sabata said.
Dingaan told the Sunday Sun: “That’s not what we do on Speak Out. I’ve been doing the show for over 10 months now. I don’t condone violence.”