Fart sparks fire during surgery, burns patient in KZN hospital

Fart sparks fire during surgery, burns patient in KZN hospital

SHARE

A patient’s fart during a surgical procedure in Durban allegedly sparked a fire which caused her to be seriously burnt.

Gossipmillsa.com has learned that a patient’s fart during surgery sparked a fire that caused serious burns to her body.

Our source a nurse at Inkosi Albert Luthuli Central Hospital said that the incident had taken place at the in the hospital back on Monday while a patient in her 30s was undergoing an operation that involved applying a laser to her cervix. Supposedly the laser ignited gas from the fart and touched off a fire that burned much of her body, including her waist and legs.

The hospital released a report about the occurrence from a committee of outside experts, who said that no flammable materials were in the operating room at the time of the surgery and that the equipment used in the operation was functioning normally:

Loading...

When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.