Home News Local Mortuary employee cremated by mistake while taking a nap in Mpumalanga

Mortuary employee cremated by mistake while taking a nap in Mpumalanga

SHARE
Loading...

An employee of  Themba Hospital in Mpumalanga who works at mortuary died this morning, after being accidentally cremated by one of his coworkers.

According to the SAPS in White River, 48-year old Stanley Fakude decided to take a nap on a stretcher after working for sixteen hours straight.

While he was sleeping, another employee mistook him for the corpse of a 52-year old car accident victim and carried him to the crematory.

Before anyone could notice the mistake, he had already been exposed to temperatures ranging between 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit and reduced to ashes.

Simon Mhlongo, one of Stanley Johnson’s coworkers, says he heard him scream for about 15 seconds after the crematory was activated.

Loading...

“At first, we didn’t understand where the sound was coming from. When we realized what was happening, it was too late. We shut down the heating system, but he was already dead.”

source